The Library is here to support your research through a variety of specialist help, resources and services.
Academic Liaison Librarians
The Faculty has Academic Liason Librarians, who provide specific subject help and training in using the library and online databases which relate to their subject area.
The Academic Liaison Librarians are always very pleased to help staff and researchers individually with any resources.
Wheatley Library enquiry desk is near the Statistics Collection, beyond the issue counter. It is normally staffed, during semester, Monday - Friday 11.00 - 17.00. At all other times, general help and assistance can be obtained from the staff at the issue counter.
You can normally expect the following Library services to be available evenings and weekends:
- Self-service issue and return of books
- Self-service Short loan
- Self-service collection of reserved books
- Black and white photocopying
- Use of stand-alone, multimedia and networked PCs
- Use of video players, microfilm and microfiche readers
You can also expect help with:
- Using the Library Catalogue
- Simple and directional enquiries
- Placing reservations and inter-library loan requests
- Basic trouble shooting with photocopier problems
- Finding journals in the Library
- Basic help with using equipment in the Library
Services available when the Library is closed:
- Books (including Short Loan) may be returned via the book box outside the Library entrance
- Networked databases can be accessed from pooled computer rooms
- Internet subscription resources can be accessed in the usual ways